Dubai is often referred to as the Silicon Valley of the Middle East, with its current IT sector standing at an estimated 8 billion dollars. Most IT companies have opened subsidiary branches in Dubai, and it only makes sense to start an IT company here today.
Dubai’s IT sector continues to grow thanks to a wide range of factors, including the low taxation system in the country, which attracts investors from across the world. In addition, Dubai’s strategic location and time zone make it ideal for collaborating with most trade hubs across the world quite easily. So what does it take to start an IT services company in Dubai? Here is all you need to know:
The requirement to Open An IT Company In Dubai
The Dubai IT sector has proven to be quite attractive to investors from across the world. The government is constantly making policies that make it easy for investors to start their IT companies. Here are some requirements you need to fulfill before opening an IT company in Dubai.
- Decide on the location, i.e. Free zones within Dubai or Mainland Dubai
- Decide on your company’s legal entity i.e., a private, public company, or an LLC
- Choose your company’s trade name and articles of association
- Company registration through the trade register of Dubai, depending on the location you chose
- The relevant authorities will issue a business license once you have fulfilled all the formalities.
Getting A Professional License for an IT Services Company in Dubai
Once you start an IT company in Dubai, obtaining all the required licenses is important before formal business operations start. The different types of licenses can be obtained from Dubai’s Department of Economic Development.
To obtain the license to operate an IT service company in Dubai, you will need the help of a local agent who will help you carry out the business’s different tasks, including application for the employment visa and the IT company license visa, among other documents.
Documents Required Starting an IT Firm in Dubai
Once you decide to start an IT firm in Dubai, here are the documents you will have to present to the department of economic development:
- Entry Stamp/ UAE Visa
- Passport of the owner and partners of the company
- Naturalization book’s copy from Local partners chosen by the investors (If applicable)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the sponsors
- The agreement of partnership signed in front of a public notary
Where to Open an IT Business in Dubai?
One crucial decision when opening an IT business in Dubai is its location. You can go to Dubai Mainland if you want to trade across UAE. You can also opt for a free zone setup, the most cost-effective solution when starting an IT company in Dubai.
Every free zone in Dubai has an independent legal framework, so you can choose one that fits your business requirements best. Here is a look at some of the suitable locations for an IT company in Dubai:
- Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO): DSO is the perfect location for the tech-savvy enthusiast. The working environment in this zone is designed to help every worker to push harder toward their goals. The best part is that you can enjoy high-end data infrastructure and a tier 3 data center that allows stress-free company registration in Dubai.
- Dubai Techno Park (DTP): The DTP has no currency restrictions, and you can enjoy 100% business ownership in the region. Some several world-leaders and MNCs already have their headquarters in DTP, making it a prime region to start your IT Company.
- Dubai Internet City (DIC): DCI is part of the TECOM Group and offers an excellent infrastructure for startups. Founded in 1999, the DIV aims to develop cutting-edge IT solutions and is home to many tech giants, including Oracle, Sony Ericsson, Microsoft, HP, and many others.
Opening an IT services company in Dubai might be the best decision you will ever make. However, the process can be tedious, and you may need help with the registration process and getting through the red tape. Our business consultants will make the process seamless and as fast as possible. Get in touch with us to set up your IT business in Dubai.
References and Resources