The UAE is among the favourite destinations for most world travellers, businesses or tourism. On top of that, UAE residents are among the top travellers in the world. In 2017, UAE residents were reported to be among the top 15 countries worldwide to apply for a visa in Schengen embassies.
It is important to note that since May 2015, UAE passport holders do not require a visa to enter Schengen countries. However, as of 1st January 2023, residents of the UAE will need to apply for an ETIAS visa before travel to be allowed into the territory.
Countries that are part of the Schengen Area include Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Austria, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Liechtenstein and Switzerland.
Who Can Apply For A Schengen Visa In The United Arab Emirates?
Residents living in the UAE who do not hold a UAE passport and do not belong to the Schengen visa-exempt categories must obtain a visa. Please check the list of nationals that do not require a Schengen Visa to see if you will require one.
People who need to apply for a Schengen visa in the UAE may belong to any of the categories below:
- A UAE passport holder previously refused visa entry to the Schengen territory.
- Foreigners living in the UAE on a temporary or permanent permit who are either:
- Nationals of a country with a visa-free agreement with Schengen but has previously been refused entry into Europe
- Nationals of countries that do not have visa-free regimens with Schengen countries
What Documents Are Required For UAE Residents To Enter Europe Visa-Free Zone?
While UAE passport holders do not need to have a Schengen visa to access the Schengen area, they must present some documents for entry. The border officer decides whether you will be permitted to enter the country.
The documents required include the following:
- A travel document or a UAE passport must be valid for more than three months beyond their European stay.
- Evidence for your purpose of visit
- Proof that you can support yourself financially during your stay in the Schengen area
- Other documents that the specific states may require.
What Are The Visa Application Requirements For UAE Residents?
Here are the requirements for anyone looking to apply for a short-term Schengen visa in the UAE:
- Application form: Ensure you fill the form with the correct and honest information. Make two copies of the application form and sign both.
- A valid passport: Ensure that your passports are not older than 10 years and that it is valid for more than three months until you are planning to leave the Schengen area.
- Two passport photos should be taken within the last three months and follow the Schengen States’ standards.
- Proof of residence permit in the UAE: The proof of residence must be valid at least three months after departure from the Schengen countries.
- Cover letter: This explains the need for you to visit Europe
- Travel Itinerary: This document proves that you have booked your flights from the UAE to the Schengen country and back with the exact date you are planning to travel.
- Proof of accommodation: This document shows where you will be accommodated throughout your stay. This might be the rent agreement, hotel booking and a letter of invitation from the host of the house where you will be staying.
- Proof of financial means: This document proves that you have enough money to support yourself while staying in the Schengen area. It can be a bank account statement showing you have enough money for your stay, a sponsorship letter from another person who will support you financially or a combination of both.
- Europe travel insurance: You also need travel insurance for the whole Schengen territory.
Applying for all these documents may be very hectic for most people at ICON’s Bussiness Setup. , we have experts in Schengen visa application who will help make the application fast and hassle-free. Contact us today.
Leave A Comment